You know that moment you hear about something so good, yet so simple, you just have to tell everyone about it?! Well... we asked the Sophie Allport team their best life hacks. Here are some of our top tips and tricks to make you look like a genius…
- Pop a marshmallow in the bottom of an ice-cream cone. That way, the melting ice-cream won't drip out the bottom and down your child's sleeve, and they’ll find an extra treat at the end. Works for grown-ups too!
- Use a highlighter to get permanent marker stains off your body. The highlighter neutralises the chemicals in the permanent marker, meaning you can wash it off with soap and warm water.
- Hate cleaning out the bottom of the bin? (us too…eugh!) Just pop a newspaper at the bottom of the bin liner to absorb food juices.
- Like gardening? Soak your seeds in warm water for 12 hours before sowing them. That way, you’ll soften the seeds and encourage them to get growing once they’re planted. Hard, wrinkly seeds work best, like beans, sunflower and sweet peas.
- Spray perfume on to your clothes, then iron them. That way, you ‘seal in the smell’ and make your scent last longer!
- Need to charge your phone in a hurry? Enable ‘aeroplane mode’ to reduce your charging time! You’ll be back to a full battery in no time.
- Want to keep food cool in your children’s lunch bag? Pop a frozen, saturated sponge in a zip-lock, and pop it in their lunch bag. It makes an icepack that won’t drip all over the place as it melts.
- Having trouble peeling boiled eggs without leaving gritty bits of shell? Just boil your egg, pop it in a mug, cover the opening with your hand, and shake like mad! This will peel the shell for you, so all you need to do is rinse it under the tap. Eggs-cell-ent…
- Slip a few tumble dryer sheets under the seats of your car. It will help to get rid of all kinds of unpleasant smells, like ‘wet dog’ and ‘spills from our children’. We swear by it!
- Does it annoy you when the baked beans get stuck in the base of the tin? You spend a few minutes shaking the tin and splashing sauce all over your top before grabbing a spoon? Simply store your baked beans in the cupboard upside down and they'll pour cleanly out of the tin every time.
- Is your car stuck in the snow? Take the mats from the floor of your car and put them under the wheels to give the tyres something to grip. Just remember to pick them up when you get moving again.
What do you think? Did you know any of these life hacks already? Which of them will you be sharing with your friends and family? Let us know any great ones you have.