Sophie Allport is an exciting and vibrant place to be, whether you work in our head office in rural Lincolnshire, our shops or warehouse team. We are always interested in discovering and nurturing new talent.
We are a growing family business and are always looking for individuals who are passionate about retail, homewares and our brand. We want people to feel part of the family so that staff are able to grow both personally and professionally - we want people to fulfil their potential. We work in a supportive environment and have a family culture of working together as a team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer with a competent design eye to work in our creative team. The successful applicant will have experience of manipulating artwork, creating vectors and creating surface pattern repeats. They will have a vision as to how the artwork will appear across multiple product types and materials and have a keen attention to enabling differentiation between each product. Brand experience and packaging design would be a huge advantage.
Key Objective: This is a varied role where you will be required to assist the Design Manager in fulfilling the full spectrum of artwork requirements for the season developments in a timely manner. You will be involved with the surface design and close examination of artwork on the products. You will be working closely with the product and design team members to achieve the best possible outcome and consistency across the board.
- Surface design for a variety of product, including fabrics, china and more which is refreshed regularly throughout the year.
- Creating cad colour separations for fabric printing.
- Producing colour matched print outs which have been carefully examined against the chosen colours to be sent to suppliers.
- In depth artwork examination to establish the best suitability for the various printing methods across the product range.
- Working on exclusive designs for key accounts from artwork concept through to final sign off.
- Managing artwork send offs and supplier liaison when this is allocated and necessary.
- Packaging design for new product and also updating existing designs.
- The responsibility to continue delivering new artwork ideas to the range of product and packaging available.
- Assisting with preparations for new season launch previews.
- Creating decorating spec sheets for our china decorators.
- Other team involvements when necessary such as mood boarding, creating signage, sales tools and marketing materials.
- Must possess a “can do” attitude
- Be a team player
- Have a patient nature
- Be adaptable to change
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A willing attitude to stay and meet deadlines when required
- Must be highly organised and self motivated
- Must be a team player and an excellent communicator
Software & Experience:
- Advanced level with Adobe Photoshop is essential
- Intermediate or above level with Adobe Illustrator is essential
- Familiarity with Indesign would be advantageous
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced family business, we’d love to hear from you. To apply please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As we prepare to head into a busy season, we are looking for Festive Helpers on a temporary basis to support our warehouse team between September 2020 – February 2021
Job Title: Festive Helper - Warehouse Support
Contract Type: Temporary, Fulltime
Location: Bourne, Lincolnshire
Hours: 40 hours per week with some weekend work required (2 shifts available)
Start Date: September 2020
Main duties will include processing customer orders (trade & retail), picking, packing and despatching orders, stock control (including quality control, restocking and checking deliveries). You’ll need to be able to hit the ground running as you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment during our busiest and most demanding time of the years. You’ll also need to be able to work quickly but carefully as some of our products are very delicate.
What we're looking for:
- Must have great organisation skills
- Must be flexible and available to work weekends as required
- A team player
- Great attention to detail
- Must have a “can do” attitude
- Must have basic numeracy & English skills
- A strong work ethic
- Must be self motivated
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced family business and are available between September 2020 – February 2021, we’d love to hear from you. To apply please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com