Looking to wow your guests with some festive canapes this season? We've teamed up with field&flower who have provided this scrummy recipe.
We took the nation’s favourite Christmas trimming and placed it inside a fluffy Yorkshire pudding for the ultimate festive canape. Paired with caramelised red onion and spicy Dijon mustard, our Toad in the Hole Pigs in Blankets are brimming with festive flavour. There won’t be many left for the second trip around the party…
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 14 Pigs in Blankets
- 14 Mini Yorkshire Puddings (frozen work well)
- 50g Caramelised Red Onion Relish
- 20g Smooth Dijon Mustard
- Small handful of fresh thyme
- Small handful of fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190C/170C fan.
- Cook the Pigs in Blankets for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cook the Yorkshire puddings according to packet instructions to coincide with the sausages.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan on a low heat. Once melted add the sage leaves and remove when they turn a deep green colour.
- Place a teaspoon of red onion relish into each Yorkshire pudding. Top with a Pig in Blanket, a dot of Dijon mustard, a sprig of fresh thyme and a crispy sage leaf. Serve immediately.
Have some festive canape ideas for your party? Let us know in the comments below!