Nestle your leftover turkey into a buttery puff pastry parcel with a spoonful of cranberry sauce and winterberry stuffing. A festive canape that's easy to throw together, a great way to reduce food waste and not to mention a tasty treat.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 350g Turkey Thigh/Leg, shredded
- 200g Pork & Winterberry Stuffing
- 50g dried cranberries
- 500g puff pastry
- 100g Cranberry Sauce
- 15g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Put the turkey stuffing, dried cranberries and some seasoning into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
- Roll the block of pastry to a 50 x 30cm rectangle and cut into 15 squares (approximately 10 x 10cm).
- Put 1.5 tbsp of shredded turkey and stuffing mixture into the middle of each square, then finish with 1 tsp of cranberry sauce on each.
- Fold the four corners into the middle and seal lightly at the top (don’t worry if the stuffing peeps out)!
- Transfer to a lined baking tray, brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm with more cranberry sauce, if you like.
What are you planning to do with your leftover turkey? Let us know in the comments below.