Our friends at Ooni Pizza Ovens have shared this delicious pizza recipe. This white pizza from Ooni ambassador Jukka Salminen combines pungent provolone, salty pecorino and silky mascarpone with robust porcinis to create a gooey and luxurious pizza experience!
Makes 1x 12”/16” pizza
- 8.8 oz/11.6 oz (250 g/330 g) classic pizza dough
- 1 to 2 large porcini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2.8 oz (80 g) provolone cheese, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.4 oz (40 g) mascarpone cheese
- 1.4 oz (40 g) pecorino or parmesan cheese
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Prepare your classic pizza dough ahead of time.
- Preheat your Ooni pizza oven to 500˚C (952˚F). Use the Ooni Infrared Thermometer to check the temperature inside the oven.
- Sprinkle your Ooni pizza peel with a light dusting of flour. Place the dough ball down and flatten with the palm of your hand. Press the dough gently with the tips of your fingers, working from the centre to the outer “crust”. Gently pick up the dough and stretch it out to your desired size (12”/16”), allowing the weight of the dough to stretch it.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil evenly across the crust. Top the pizza with slices of provolone and dot the surface with small spoonful’s of mascarpone. Layer on your mushroom slices and remaining cheeses.
- Slide your dressed pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven. Cook the pizza, rotating frequently, until the cheese is melted and the crust is crisp with small charred bubbles. In your Ooni pizza oven, this only takes 1 to 2 minutes!
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let cool for one minute to allow the cheese to firm up slightly.
- Finish the pizza with a sprinkle of fresh parsley, and season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.