Our friends at Ooni Pizza Ovens have shared this delicious pizza recipe. Pesto lovers, this pizza is for you! The pizza base is spread with a generous layer of pesto, then topped with savoury-sweet butternut squash and creamy burrata.
Makes 1x 12”/16” pizza
- 8.8/11.6oz (250/330g) classic pizza dough
- 2oz (50g) butternut squash
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2oz (50g) burrata
- 4.4oz (125g) pesto sauce
- Handful of arugula
- Handful of pine nuts
- Handful of pepitas
- Chilli flakes
- Start by preparing your classic pizza dough.
- Preheat your Ooni pizza oven at 932°F (500°C). Use the Ooni Infrared Thermometer to accurately check the temperature inside the oven.
- Peel the butternut squash skin using a vegetable peeler. Continue peeling the butternut squash to get long, thin ribbons. Season the butternut squash shavings with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Dust your Ooni pizza peel with flour. Stretch the pizza dough ball out to 12 or 16 inches and lay it out on your pizza peel.
- Spread an even layer of the pesto sauce over the pizza base. Add the butternut squash, pine nuts, and pepitas.
- Slide the peel into the oven and bake, rotating the pizza regularly. Once done, remove the pizza from the oven and top with the burrata, arugula, and chili.
- Cut the pizza into slices and serve right away!