We've teamed up with Sasha from @hungry_little_bakers on these tasty kids recipes for you to try at home! Perfect for getting your little one(s) baking, just pop on their apron and get your rolling pins at the ready!
Raaaduced sugar dinosaur foot print biscuits!
Perfect little biscuits that are roarsome! These reduced sugar biscuits for kids are excellent for popping in their lunch bag for an afternoon snack!
- 150g butter
- 200g plain flour
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- Weigh out the ingredients. Using a high sided bowl will help to reduce spillage and mess!
- Let your little bakers pour/spoon the sugar and butter into a large mixing bowl and use the back of a wooden spoon to cream together.
- Ask them to add the flour (giving them a little bit at a time helps to avoid mess!)
- Mix together. It will feel quite dry but you can use your hands to squish it into a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and pop into the fridge for 20 mins.
- Show your helper how to roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface and use cookie cutters to make any shape you like.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Gently press the dinosaur/animal figures into the dough to form the footprint.
- Cook for 15 min at 200 / 180c fan until golden. Leave to cool slightly before moving onto a cooling rack.
The gorgeous pink colour of this hummus helps to make lunches a bit more colourful, magical and exciting! Chickpeas are such a great source of protein and fibre, making them really filling and nutritious.
- 1/2 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 125g pickled beetroot, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2tsp ground cumin
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice/ beetroot juice
- Ground black pepper
- Let little ones spoon chickpeas into a food processor (this can take them a while, great hand-eye coordination exercise!)
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and blitz until smooth. Add more beetroot juice to deepen the colour. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Have you tried out these recipes? We'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. For more baking inspiration for kids follow Sasha over on her Instagram page: @hungry_little_bakers