When the Christmas decorations come down, it always feels like something is missing, which is why the new year is the perfect time for a home refresh. Best of all, it’s simple and easy to do with a few little touches here and there.
- Make it cosy for winter – January through to March can often be the coldest months in the UK, with snow usually flourishing across the country, so now is a great time to make your home cosy. Layer throws and cushions on the sofa for a cosy winter look; not only does it look perfectly pretty, but it also is practical for the cold weather. A cosy night in pairs perfectly with a hot chocolate in one of our beautiful stoneware mugs.
- Thermal curtains with a country twist – Add a country touch to your home interior with some new Sophie Allport curtains. Choose a thermal lining to help insulate your room to a high standard throughout the winter. Thermal curtains will also benefit you during the summer too and will help keep the heat out. Curtains add warmth and texture to a room and will instantly change the look.
- Spruce your table setting – Planning a dinner party? Seasonal foliage down the centre of your table can add a vibrant and refreshing look. Pair with botanical candles that sparkle amongst polished silverware and glistening glasses. For the finale, tie a beautiful bow around your Sophie Allport napkins.
- Switch up your kitchen linens – Out with the old and in with the new! For an instant kitchen refresh, simply switch up your linens. Match your tea towels, oven gloves and apron for a coordinated and stylish look. For a wintery feel choose warming colours like our Hedgehogs & Trees, Ducks, Home Grown, Foxes or Woodland collection!
- Make a statement wall – If you have a little bit more time on your hands or want to have a go at some DIY, then a great way to refresh your home is by adding a statement wall with our patterned wallpaper. Did you know we have a Sophie Allport collection of wallpaper? From her popular Bees print, which makes a bee-autiful statement, to adorable Elephants. Sophie's Woof wallpaper is excellent for dog lovers and makes a pawfect statement to any boot room.
Have you got any top tips for making your home cosy? We’d love to hear them. Let us know in the comments below.