We love brightening up our homes with bunches of flowers all year round, and ideally, we want them to last as long as possible, staying fresh and smelling beautiful! Unfortunately, they can start to look droopy and sad after a few days (especially if they get forgotten about), but we caught up with the lovely team and experts at Love Delivered to get their top five tips to make cut flowers last longer!
Conditioning your flowers is key to helping them stay fresh. Follow these five simple steps for the perfect display.
- Always trim your flowers by one inch and use clean, sharp secateurs
- Fill your vase with fresh, clean water and add flower food
- Remove any leaves that will be below the waterline
- Keep your flowers out of direct sunlight, away from heat, draughts, or near fruit
- Your flowers love clean cold water, so don’t forget to change the water regularly
We love keeping out flowers fresh in a Sophie Allport jug! Do you have any top tips for keeping your flowers fresh? Let us know in the comments below. For top tips on growing summer flowers, then read our blog here!