Perfecting Pancake Day doesn’t come easy and here at Sophie Allport we know all too well that it’s a tradition you want to get right. Luckily, we also know a thing or two about how to make pancakes the whole family will love.
Wonderfully simple, pancakes require only three key ingredients: eggs, flour and milk. The classic combination, usually topped with some freshly squeezed lemon (of course!), makes for an easy meal. But why not try something a little different this year?
Once you’ve got the basics down it’s really easy to get creative without buying mountains of ingredients and spending hours following recipes. And we have just the thing to put some passion back into your pancake making. Unique and easy ideas coming right up...
- Fruity pancakes - Fruity pancakes couldn't be easier and provide a healthier option for the big day. Top your pancakes with your favourite fruit and you’re good to go! This is a great way to beat any sugar cravings and skip the maple syrup. We recommend mango and honey pancakes to start the day right.
- Funny face pancakes - Pancakes deserve a little personality, so why not let the kids create their own pancake faces? Anything can be used to create them and it's an opportunity for the kids to decorate their pancakes with the food they love the most. A dinnertime tradition they will enjoy for years to come! Ingredients: A sprinkle of imagination
- Banana bacon pancakes - Love bananas? Love bacon? Then what could be better than pancakes topped with two of the best breakfast foods? It may sound like a strange combination but it really works! If you’re willing to give these pancakes a try, then make sure you drizzle some maple syrup over them before you dig in.
- Birthday Cake pancakes - We are obsessed with these Birthday cake pancakes. Surprise someone with an extra special Birthday cake this year, or make the celebratory cake in honour of Pancake Day. This idea is perfect for those who love to bake.
- Full English pancakes - When do you get to have a full English with a side of pancakes? Not often enough! And who says you can't have breakfast for dinner? Treat the whole family to a delicious breakfast, served with American-style pancakes that take only ten minutes to prepare.
- Peanut butter and jam pancakes Deliciously smooth Peanut butter and freshly made fruity Jam compliment pancakes perfectly. The iconic sandwich turned dessert, is a simple and tasty way to spend Pancake Day. The fun doesn't need to end here. You can shape your pancakes into any style or let the kids get creative and enjoy some family time. Unique recipes have a knack for giving you that ‘made with love feeling’.
What will you try this Shrove Tuesday?