We've got a variety of different style mugs available, meaning there is something for everyone. Choose from our beautiful fine bone china mugs, which are hand-decorated in the UK and come in a smart gift box, our lovely stoneware mugs, which are excellent for sipping your morning coffee, or our bamboo travel mugs, perfect for those who are always on the go.
All our mugs make excellent gift ideas and come in a variety of Sophie Allport designs! Please note our fine bone china mugs come in two different sizes, our standard mug is 8.3cm high with a 275ml capacity, whilst our large mug is 9cm high with a 425ml capacity.
No products found
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
What Our Customers Are Asking About Sophie Allport Mugs?
Can you put fine bone china in the microwave?
Yes, fine bone china mugs are microwave safe. Fine bone china is made from bone ash and porcelain, which means it does not absorb microwaves, ensuring it stays cool. We would however always recommend checking the care guidelines for each product, as if the bone china features any metallic design elements, then it should not be microwaved.
Are fine bone china mugs better than stoneware mugs?
It all depends on personal preference. Fine bone china is all about the experience, with the thinness of the rim allowing for maximum exposure to taste. Fine bone china is also known for keeping your drinks hotter for longer. Stoneware mugs are perfect for people who love to cup their hands around a mug, they are much thicker in design, so they are less likely to scold as they distribute heat evenly. Stoneware mugs boast charm and character with a natural and rustic feel and are also great mugs for vegetarians and vegans. Read our guide on discovering the perfect coffee mug for you.
How long do travel mugs keep drinks warm?
Our travel mugs are similar to other normal mugs, and will keep drinks warm for around one hour, making them perfect for on the go and commuting. Made from natural materials, including bamboo, corn starch and food-grade melamine, they make a great sustainable option and feature a silicone band to protect your hands from the hot contents.
How many mls are in a Sophie Allport mug?
We have many different mugs to choose from. Please see the list below to see the capacity that each of our mugs hold:
- Fine bone china standard-size mugs hold 275ml
- Fine bone china large-size mugs hold 425ml
- Stoneware mugs hold 500ml
- Woodland Walks stoneware mugs hold 350ml
- Bamboo Travel Mugs hold 350ml
- Thermal Water Bottles hold 500ml
- Double Walled Glass Mugs hold 300ml
How can I remove coffee stains from my mugs?
We’d always suggest washing your coffee mugs as soon as you’re finished your hot drink and avoid leaving stained mugs longer than necessary. There are 4 tips you can try to remove coffee stains from mugs:
- Leave to soak for 30 minutes with a gentle washing liquid
- Use a mix of bicarbonate of soda, water, and vinegar, leave for approximately 2 hours
- Slice a lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the dark rings, leave this for 10 to 15 minutes, then using a damp cloth rub the lemon juice into the stains
- Pop your mug in the dishwasher. Our fine bone china mugs and stoneware mugs are dishwasher safe. Please ensure you follow the guidance, as china can be fragile by nature.
For more information, read our guide on how to remove coffee and tea stains from mugs.